It must be something in the water, or simply the excellent coaching and conditions that Freedive Dahab provides at their annual freediving competition “Triple Depth“. Athletes from all over the globe have descended upon Dahab, Egypt to test their limits and set records — and set records they have. In a single day of the competition an astounding 9 new national records were set (on 10/26/12), including a new national title by one of Dahab’s own favorite residents, Linda Paganelli and by Venezuelan diving ingenue Iru Balic.
Here is a complete list of the nine record-setting dives in the discipline of Free Immersion (FIM):
- Ahmed Abbas of Kuwait 40 meters FIM
- Marwan Hariri of Lebanon 43 meters FIM
- Iru Balic of Venezuela 50 meters FIM
- Lubomir Stafanov of Bulgaria 51 meters FIM
- Dongha Kim of Korea 60 meters FIM
- Linda Paganelli of Italy 65 meters FIM
- Wendy Timmermans of the Netherlands 68 meters FIM
- Alena Zabloudilova of the Czech Republic 82 meters FIM
- Sebastian Naslund of Sweden 88 meters FIM
Congratulations to all of the competitors and to the organizers.