AP Diving will be introducing three new products at next weekend’s EUROTek 2014 Advanced Diving Conference in Birmingham, UK.
AP will showcase its Head-Up-Screen, a hands-free way of monitoring one’s rebreather status throughout the dive.
Among its features are:
* Vivid OLED colour display – with excellent readability even in very poor viz
* Conditional colouring indicates status changes – Green = good, Yellow = info alert, Red = warning
* New Ascent Rate and Ceiling Height graphical displays
* Live information in-line-of-sight throughout the dive
The HUS with a new unit will retail at £900, including VAT. A Factory-Fitted HUS Upgrade to existing units will cost £1,290 including VAT, according to AP Diving.
Secondly, AP will be showing off its new Rechargeable Battery Pack.
The company says the dual-power system nearly doubles the capacity of regular batteries, can be quickly recharged and features a full set of international power adaptors.
Some of its features include:
* Batteries B1 & B2 are physically and electrically isolated
* Approx. double the capacity of existing batteries – only requiring a recharge every 15-27 hours of diving (varies depending on solenoid type, work-rate, temperature & backlight use)
* Intelligent dual power system with all the usual AP checks, warnings, displays and automatic switch-over to B2 on depletion of B1
* Hardwired to the rebreather controllers, factory fitted and encapsulated to ensure a waterproof, uninterrupted power supply
A factory-fitted rechargeable battery upgrade to existing units will cost £300, including VAT.
Thirdly, AP will be introducing a new, extra-long, self-sealing Surface Marker Buoy with Easifil inflator stem.
The AP 3M SMBCi has a bunch of features, including:
* More than double the length of a regular SMB
* Original AP self-sealing baffle – tried & tested design seals airtight on inflation
* Easy deployment and inflation – velcro release and inflated via Easifil stem
* Easifil inflator hose stem – allows easy snag-free inflation using your BC or dry-suit inflator hose
The marker buoy will retail at £135, including VAT, according to AP Diving.
For more info on all these new products, check out AP Diving’s website.