The Divers Alert Network has opened the door for its annual R.W. “Bill” Hamilton Dive Medicine Research Grant.
The winner will receive US$10,000 (8478 Euros) toward research into diving decompression. The research should be in one of the following areas:
- Multi Gas Diving Simulations.
- Research into new probabilistic modelling, probability of risk or new decompression models.
- Development of new decompression techniques for recreational/technical divers, as well as military and commercial divers.
- Treatment of decompression schedule violations and its effects.
- New procedures for dive computers, including protocol and testing.
The deadline for applications is December 4th, 2017. If you are a researcher interested in the grant — or know of one who would be — proposals should be sent to Garrett Boyles at GBroyles@DAN.org. The winner will be notified by the end of the year.
The grant was established to honour the diving legend who passed away in 2011. Dr Hamilton’s contributions are so numerous that his nickname in the diving fraternity was the “Prince of Gases.”