Welcome to The DeeperBlue.com Beginners Guide to Spearfishing.
This unique guide takes you through all the elements you’ll need to be a successful Spearo. From starting out – learn the ropes around equipment, safety, and training – through to different types of spearfishing and the competitive circuit. This is the ultimate guide online to starting your journey in Spearfishing.
Written by Captain Chad Carney – an experienced spearo with over 45 years of being in the water and catching fish – this is the most comprehensive beginners guide to Spearfishing available online today.
The guide is split into 20 parts which you can find below covering everything a new Spearo could want to know. Dive in today.
PLEASE NOTE: This guide is no substitute for expert, professionally trained tuition.
Please take a freediving or spearfishing course and remember:NEVER DIVE OR PRACTICE HOLDING YOUR BREATH ALONE.
- What is Spearfishing
- Dangers, Safety Equipment & Spear Handling
- You’re Not the Only Predator
- Spearfishing Training
- Rookie Mistakes & Remedies
- Know Your Prey
- Hawaiian Slings
- Reef Hunting
- Wreck Hunting
- Bluewater Hunting
- Rigs, Towers, FADs & Sinkhole Hunting
- Competitive Spearfishing – Tournaments & Rodeos
- National Spearfishing Championships, World Championships & World Records
- Non-Indigenous Species Spearfishing
- Finding Fish to Spear
- Spearfishing Charters
- Sustainable Spearfishing, Keeping & Cooking Your Catch
- Spearfishing Legends