The Divers Alert Network has announced its 2021 Research and Safety Interns.
The five candidates will spend the next few months working with DAN and expanding their knowledge and experience of dive safety and research.
Commenting on the new interns, DAN President and CEO Bill Ziefle stated:
“I’m always impressed by the accomplishments and professionalism of the interns that come spend time with us here at DAN. This year’s group is already demonstrating impressive aptitude in the projects they’re involved with in DAN Research and DAN Safety Services. We’re glad they’re here!”
The five interns for 2021 are:
- Rhiannon Brenner: A passionate diver and Divemaster and recent UNC Wilmington graduate with a degree in anthropology.
- Grant Dong: A recent graduate from the University of Maryland with a degree in physiology and neurobiology, he is an active diver who was president of his university dive club and is a divemaster candidate.
- Gabriel Graf: An active diver and eagle scout, Graf is studying for a degree in biochemistry and is a sophomore at Austin College in Sherman, Texas.
- Benjamin Kistler: An advanced open water diver who will graduate in the spring of 2020 from Indiana University Bloomington with a degree in Biology. Kistler plans on enrolling in medical school in the fall.
- Christine Tamburri: A passionate diver who contributed to expanding her university diving program; she is a recent graduate of Penn State University with a degree in geosciences.