Do you remember the ‘Deep Spearfishing Encyclopedia’?
Last year we talked about Relaxation, Awareness, Respect, Patience, Health/Training and Enjoying the Moment.
Just like before, I still want you to become a more professional spearo. I want you to understand your own performance, ways to improvement and challenges.
So I present to you the second season of the ‘Encyclopedia’. But this year we decided to step our game up.
To create a wider perspective, I invited 12 friends of mine, outstanding underwater professionals. They are doctors, engineers, instructors… but they all have the passion for the deep Sea. They come from the US, Spain, Greece, Italy, Cyprus and Turkey… but they all feel at home when they fall into the dark blue of the Abyss.
Do those names sound familiar?
- George Vasiliou – the winner of the 8th Spearfishing Champions League, Lemnos, GR. Enough said, I believe.
- Antonios Perrakis/Dimos Adamis – a strong team stalking those big groupers… from the depths of 50m.
- Victor Abellan – the mastermind behind Abellan Spearguns and the artist behind beautifully done Mediterranean agguatos (dynamic ambushing).
- Gokhan Senses – one of the most outgoing spearos from Turkey.
- Yuri Cina – can you bring ‘the Italian Style’ into your spearfishing? He can. He can teach us, too…
- Marco Panunzio – accurate, precise and efficient. This is the clever way behind spearfishing.
- Aydin Mevsim – talking about experience? Here is our guy, with 30 years of experience he can be seen hanging on some deep drops around Marmaris, Turkey.
- Ilias Pardalis – the owner of the Greek ‘Benthos’ spearguns, Ilias says its all about the details. Whether making a unique speargun… or stalking that elusive Mediterranean snapper (Dentex Dentex).
- Pierluigi Leggeri – have you seen those Y! videos of an Italian daredevil diving 50m wrecks? Well, meet Pierluigi.
- Ryan Myers – a daring new ‘kid on the block’ on the quest to push the limits of human body and mind. And also willing to share his experience with us.
- George Pittas – a spearfishing legend from Greece. Lots of experience, stamina and ideas to share…
- and me, Anvar Mufazalov, the brain behind the ‘Encyclopedia’ so adamant to make us all better spearos.
5 Episodes will be about Aspetto (ambush), Agguato (dynamic ambushing), Control (Physical and Mental), Adaptation and Sustainability.
Each presenter will share some tips and hints which will help you in your own underwater journey and you will also be able to see those tips being used in action.
I know, right? Sounds like you will learn lots of new things this year.
The first episode will air on the 1st September, 2016. It will be sad if you miss it.
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.