Renowned diving and environmental physiologist Dr Neal Pollock will be heading up the Divers Alert Network‘s 5th Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine Course in May.
The six-day course — designed primarily for physicians — will be held at Little Cayman Beach Resort in Little Cayman from May 3rd to May 10th, 2014. It also may be of value to emergency medical personnel, paramedics, nurses and other professionals with interest in diving.
The program delivers a range of topics to orient participants to the state of the art of diving safety, diving medicine, hyperbaric medicine and environmental physiology. Classroom time includes lectures and interactive case studies sessions.
Presentation topics include:
• Medical and physical fitness to dive
• Diving safety – issues and current research
• Hyperbaric medicine – applications, protocols and mechanisms
• Decompression physiology and pathophysiology
• Diving injuries and management
• Considerations for thermal stress, altitude exposure, freediving and special populations
• Controversies in diving medicine
For more information, click here.