A new online logbook aimed at the Scuba market has launched out of beta today. Diveboard.com is a free service that allows users to save and share diving experiences in a fun and educational way.
Some of the features that Diveboard.com sports are:
- Uploading profiles directly from your dive computer via the Diveboard.com navigator plugin for Mac/PC/Linux
- Add video, pictures and maps directly into your entries
- Use the dedicated tool, that works hand in hand with EOL (Encyclopedia of Life – http://www.eol.org) and IOBIS (Ocean Biographic Information System – http://www.iobis.org), you can easily record all wildlife encounters you’ve had during a dive.
- With comprehensive privacy options you can also choose to share your data (anonymously or cited as the owner) such as:
- Species occurrence data with Ocean Biographic Information System, Global Biodiversity Information Facility and World Register of Marine Species
- Medical data with Diver’s Alert Network
- Water temperature data with divers4oceanography.org
- Share your dives on social networks like Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.