Having a liveaboard catch on fire while on a dive trip surely isn’t on anyone’s bucket list, but that appears to be exactly what happened to a group of British divers recently.
According to the Scuba News, an Egyptian dive boat caught on fire last month off the coast of Hurghada, Egypt and the crew were unable to extinguish it, resulting in its passengers losing just about all of their diving gear and the rest of their possessions as well.
The fire allegedly started in the ship’s galley, and the vessel had only one fire extinguisher on board. Apparently, the extinguisher was not the right type to fight the specific fire that broke out, which only made matters worse.
The whole thing appears to have been a comedy of errors by the ship’s crew. Check out the Scuba News website for more details.
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.