NAUI and Force Blue have announced that they have teamed up to help more U.S. military veterans who want to become “Force Blue Assistant Scientific Divers.”
To qualify for the course, divers need to hold a minimum certification of Rescue Diver.
With the partnership, including the Force Blue Outpost Program, veterans are now eligible to use their G.I. Bill education benefits funding towards their training at an approved NAUI VA Testing Center. Qualifying service members can use one month of G.I. Bill funding per certification or license exam. There is no limit, and they can progress as far up the NAUI chain as they like.
To qualify to take the Force Blue Assistant Scientific Diver course, candidates must meet the following:
- Be certified as a rescue diver.
- Have a minimum of 100 dives.
- Current CPR certification with Automated External Defibrillator (AED).
- Current First Aid and Oxygen Emergency Provider qualification.
- Willingness to provide a copy of their DD214.
The new course includes a 20-hour online section and four open water dives to assess the candidates’ survey and identification skills.
You can find out more about Force Blue Outposts here.