At the heart of the Aladin Prime and Tec is SmartTRAK software. This allows the user to configure and transfer dive data to and from a computer via an infrared interface. The Tec is the grown-up version of the Prime and allows you to adjust and make use of more features.
- Nitrox computer 21-50% in 1% increments
- Full watch function with wake up alarm, 12 or 24 hour mode, date and time zone shift for travellling
- No-decompression Dive Planner up to 57.7m at 21%
- Safety Stop Timer
- User selectable alarms
- Desaturation reset function
- Push-button action to toggle through settings during diving
- Infrared technology
The Prime is targeted as an entry-level computer for the sports diver. It is feature-rich and has all the facilities that you are likely to require, including nitrox up to 50 per cent. However, some of the settings are not adjustable. So, if you want to change, for example, depth and dive alarms, maximum partial pressure of oxygen (nitrox mode), water type, altitude and backlight illumination duration, you should go for the Tec version. The Tec also allows you to use nitrox up to 100 per cent.
For more information see the source: http://www.scubapro.com/en-US/USA/home.aspx