Manta Ray Resort Yap is running its annual citizen scientist experience this month.
During the event, you can dive with scientists conducting research on the manta rays that inhabit the local lagoon between December and April. These migratory rays have been studied since 2009 by scientist Julie Hartup, with the Manta Trust.
This year, the “Manta Mania” week is between February 21-28, 2018. If you stay for an extra couple of days you can also experience the major cultural festival on Yap (Yap Day) on March 1-2. The Manta Mania package includes:
- Accommodation in a double occupancy room.
- Breakfast buffet and complimentary wake up service with tea and coffee.
- Saturday BBQ on a private beach.
- Airport transfers, taxes, and nitrox included.
- Tour to a local village.
During the week, you will also be kept busy with the following activities:
- One day’s diving (3 dives), with lunch taken at a local Yapese village
- Video and photo workshops
- Research, Manta awareness workshops, and dives and interactions with scientists.
- Night dives, shark feeding specialty, and Mandarin fish mating dives.
The above packages start at US$1,699/~€1,362/~£1,209 . If you are a returning customer, you will receive a 10 percent discount, and for groups there is one free space with every seven paid bookings, and for 10 paid bookings you will receive two free spaces.
Check out the video below of the 2016 Manta Mania. For more info on this year’s event, go to mantaray.com.
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.