Carrying on from the success of 2017, DEMA has announced that nominations for the 2018 Wave Makers Award are now open.
The award, which is in its second year, aims to recognize newcomers to the dive industry (working in the industry for five years or less) who have made an impact on the industry.
The following are eligible for a Wave Makers Award:
- An employee or owner of a DEMA member business.
- Made a significant volunteer contribution to DEMA
- Been involved in the dive industry for 60 months or less.
The Wave Makers Award process works as follows:
- DEMA receives the nominees.
- The Award Committee creates a short list of the top candidates.
- Top candidates are notified and are asked to create a one-minute video about their vision of the future of DEMA and/or the industry as a whole.
- The videos are published on social media and members can vote for the Wave Makers 2018 winner.
- Only DEMA members can vote on the winner.
- Top candidates will receive an invitation for themselves and a guest to attend the DEMA Awards Party at the 2018 DEMA show.
- All the videos will be played, and the winner will be announced.
Nominations must be submitted by August 31, 2018.