If you’re a PADI pro and live and work in Europe, the Middle East or Africa, you’ll now be able to get dive insurance from the Divers Alert Network.
PADI and DAN Europe this week announced a partnership to offer professional liability insurance to PADI members in the EMEA territories.
Features of this new service include:
- Personal accident coverage for diving emergencies that is valid all year round, worldwide;
- Access to the renowned DAN specialized multilingual hotline, 24/7;
- Unlimited coverage in case of hyperbaric treatment and repatriation;
- Travel insurance provided for non-diving medical emergencies abroad;
- €4 million (~US$4.5 million) professional liability coverage, including legal defense, per occurrence;
- Specialized consultancy services from the DAN Legal Network, so you have access to a worldwide network of legal experts and lawyers who are knowledgeable in diving-related disputes;
- EXCLUSIVE PADI FEATURE – FREE dive accident insurance for an UNLIMITED number of your dive students up to PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (AOWD) and PADI Advanced Freediver level.
Mark Spiers, PADI EMEA’s vice president for training, sales and field services, said:
“PADI holds diver safety and education at its core with comprehensive liability protection being critical for dive professionals today. Having insurance coverage when a dive accident occurs during training can make the difference between being properly defended or being financially ruined even when, as is usually the case, you have done nothing wrong. We are excited to recognize DAN’s commitment to diver safety through this partnership.”
Laura Marroni, vice president of DAN Europe, said:
“We’re delighted to assist the large and highly qualified group of PADI Professionals, protecting them as they work hard to transform lives. PADI Pros and their students will benefit from DAN’s experience and expertise in managing emergencies, in their homeland as well as in the world’s remotest places.”
To apply, go to padiinsurance.daneurope.org.