Performance Freediving will be hosting an Advanced Freediver clinic in beautiful Kona, Hawaii this August 31st — September 3rd, 2002.?? Kona is always a great location and very conducive for freediving education.
Join the Performance Freediving Team world record holders and your instructors for an experience of a life time in your freediving and explore your potential.?? Whether you’re a recreational freediver, videographer, spear fisherman or competitive freediver/spear fisherman, this clinic can take you to the next level in comfort, safety, skills and technique.
Spots are still available and deposits to secure a spot can be done by credit card through Pay Pal or with check/money order.?? For more information, please go to our website at www.performancefreediving.com to register.
Advanced Freediver up-coming dates:
Kona, HI??????????????????????Aug 31sr — Sept 3rd DATE CHANGE
Miami, FL?????????????????? Sep 7th — 10th
Malibu, CA?????????????? Oct 12th — 15th DATE CHANGE
Miami, FL?????????????????? Nov 30th — Dec 3rd
2003 clinics schedule will be out by September 15th.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email or call at 604-862-5868 and we’d be happy to help you.?? Check out the information on the specifics of the Advanced Freediver program below.??
Instructs competent and comfortable freedivers in the essentials of safety and problem management with a high emphasis on proper technique development, training and equipment.?? A thorough understanding of the physics and physiology of freediving is covered along with training programs to better further the freedivers physical and mental performance.
- Advanced Safety and Buddy Procedures
- Equipment for Performance Freediving
- Proper Ventilation for Gas Saturation and Volume
- Psychological Aspects of Freediving
- Land and Pool Based Training Programs
- Physics and Physiology of Freediving
- Confined Water Static Apnea & Dynamic Apnea Development
- Open Water Constant Ballast Development
- Techniques for Advanced Freediving
Course Format / Duration
Advanced Freediver is held over 4-days, 8-hrs / day
- 5 classroom sessions
- 3 pool sessions
- 3 open water sessions
- Basic Freediver or equivalent experience
- Good health and fitness
- 12 years of age with guardian permission
- Static Apnea (breath-hold) of 1:00 minute dry
- Dynamic Apnea (horizontal distance) of 25 meters / 75 feet
- Constant Ballast (unassisted freedive) of 10 meters / 33 feet
$595.00 US* and includes the following:
- Personalized instruction from world record holders & trainer
- 1 instructor/assistant : 2 buddy team ratio
- ‘Advanced Freediver Student Manual’
- ‘Advanced Freediver Student Workbook’
- Pool, class and o/w sessions with video debriefings when available
- Hands on experience with specialty freediving equipment
- Certificate of Achievement
*Boat fees may be an additional charge where applicable
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
Your knowledge of safety, rescue or problem management is limited or you have none.?? You’re comfortable with basic freediving and achieve depths anywhere from 5 – 30m / 15 – 99 feet with relative comfort and have a surface-to-surface breath-hold time of around 1minute.?? You’re not sure of extended freediving physiology or the physics that affect you during your freedives.?? If so then this is the course for you!