The Aqua Sphere Aqua Skinsuit occupies a fairly rarefied niche in the wetsuit/tri-suit/swim skin universe. Unlike most tri-suits it lacks thick neoprene flotation panels. Unlike a pure swim-skin, it does provide some insulation. These features, combined with a low price point, make these suits pretty appealing for freedivers looking for a warm-water competition/training suit.
This is my second Aqua Skin and it has significant improvements in construction, materials and cut over the older model.
Here are the specs from Aqua Sphere:
- Quick drying
- 100% UVA/UVB protection
- Can be used in both the Pool and in Open Water
- Wrist and Ankle Cuffs that keep water out
- Aqua Flex Double Lock Neck with Aqua Grip Seal double layer, which maximizes comfort, while keeping water out of the suit
- 0.5 – 1mm Glide Skin neoprene that is ultra soft for comfort, water repellent, and fast drying
- Thermo-Guard technology, which provides warmth, maximum flexibility and range of motion in the shoulders, legs, and chest
For the record, I am in agreement with all of that.