At one time or another, every diver has needed a permanent solution to marking their gear.
DeeperBlue.com met with Scott Bates, National Accounts Sales Manager at Sakura of America to discuss their industrial-strength marking tools.
Whether you are an instructor needing to label rental gear for students, or making sure that your black fins are distinguishable from all the other black fins on the boat, a quick, easy-to-apply, and permanent solution is a must-have in any gear bag.
Sakura of America manufactures solidified paint markers in a variety of formulations that can mark on wet or dry surfaces, underwater or above, rough or smooth and almost any material, from ceramic to neoprene. These easy to use markers come in two widths, a 13mm (.5 inches) and 10mm (.39 inches) version, as well as a variety of colors.
Whether it is a pair of gloves or boots, a welding project, a bottom plate or down line, these easy to use markers give the diver an instant means of identifying their gear.
Technical qualities include:
- Solidified paint marks smoothly from the first stroke
- Twist-action paint advance and secure capping
- Dries permanent, waterproof and fade-resistant
- Marks on almost any surface, through rust, dust and water
- Performs on a broad range of temperatures, hot or cold. Optimum use: 14 F to 392 F (-10C to 200C)
- Long-lasting, no mess and no dripping
- Safe and non-toxic
- Alcohol based cleaners will remove ink from smooth, non-porous surfaces
Sold at online and traditional retailers nationwide, the slim Solid Marker starts at US$3.99 (~3.50 Euros). For a location or dealer near you, visit sakuraofamerica.com.