SCUBAPRO has introduced a new, modular system for its line of Sidemount X-TEC buoyancy compensators.
Developed in collaboration with leading Sidemount cave divers, the new system sports “a better streamlined shape, maximum manoeuvrability under water, less back strain, easier entry into the water and increased underwater safety due to the simple accessibility of the air supply,” according to the company.
All system components are sold separately and are fully compatible so that very diver can build his ideal configuration. In addition, there are two ways to carry weights on the Sidemount system. The X-TEK QR weight pocket system can be attached to the waistband of the jacket or using a the band on the rear side of the harness. The weights can simply be wrapped around the band and clicked in to place.
Divers can also use the Sidemount system as a backmount jacket as the harness is compatible with the stainless steel and aluminum X-TEK backplates. “This raises the possibility of connecting the X-TEK wing, the single tank adapter or double clamps with the harness to use it as a backmount jacket,” according to SCUBAPRO.
* Modular design with compact, independent wings in 12 and 20 liter capacity: So every diver finds his dream configuration.
* Wing made of 1000 DEN Cordura and inner bladder of Soltan: The materials are extremely robust, stretchy and durable.
* Soft Airnet backpack for maximum comfort: The open air chambers provide the padding for the backpack. As the water can drain away and the backpack does not produce any lift.
* Compatible with the X-TEK backplates: Conversion for backmount diving is easy.
* Eyelets, D-rings and handles made out of stainless steel. For guaranteed durability.
* Newly designed, balanced power inflator: Responds even faster.
* Newly designed, swivel, narrow elbow: For a better streamlined shape and an individually adjustable inflator position.
* Sufficient bungees and hooks for tanks and side bungees: Easy handling and a better streamlined shape.
* Harness with crotch strap: For the perfect fit.
* Special fabric cover: Optimises the shape and protects the wing.
Available at authorised SCUBAPRO dealers, for more info and pricing, check out SCUBAPRO‘s website.