Organizers of the 11th annual Ocean Art Underwater Photo Competition have announced they are now accepting entries through November 30, 2022.
This year’s competition features over US$100,000 (~€102,710) in prizes. The competition attracts amateur to pro photographers across the globe. Fourteen categories, including a new mobile phone category, ensure all photo disciplines and cameras compete fairly, while the 50+ winning images create a portfolio of the best underwater photos of the year.
Grand prizes include:
* Liveaboard dive cruise on the M.Y. Oceanic in Komodo, Flores, Alor, or the Banda Sea;
* Liveaboard dive cruise on the S.M.Y. Ondina in Raja Ampat, North Banda Sea, Triton Bay, Halmahera, or Cenderawasih Bay;
* Choice of 7 or 8 nights for two aboard the Coralia in Raja Ampat or Komodo;
* 14-night dive package at the new White Sands Beach Resort in Lembeh with Eco Divers;
* A trip on any Indonesian Damai liveaboard with Dive Damai;
* A trip to Malpelo aboard the Ferox liveaboard with Colombia Dive Adventures;
* A 7-night stay for two in Papua New Guinea with Wilindi Plantation Resort;
* A 7-day, 16-dive adventure in Raja Ampat with Meridian Adventure;
* A week-long liveaboard trip to Cuba with Avalon Outdoor;
* A dive trip for two on the Carpe Novo in the Maldives with Carpe Diem Cruises;
* An 8-night, all-inclusive dive package in Bohol, Philippines with Magic Oceans Dive Resort;
* A 14 night dive package in Raja Ampat, Indonesia at Kri Eco resort with Papua Diving Resorts;
* A 9-day trip to the Socorro Islands aboard Pelagic Fleet’s Solmar V Liveaboard; and
* A variety of gift certificates from Bluewater Photo and Bluewater Travel.
There are also a whole bunch of Premium Travel as well as Gear prizes to be won.
The newest category is for mobile phones, according to competition organizers:
“Recent advancements in smartphone technology and affordable smartphone housings have enabled a greater percentage of the general public to capture incredible underwater art.”
The top categories include Wide Angle, Macro, Marine Life Behavior and three corresponding compact camera categories, giving underwater photographers of all levels a chance to win a prize. Unique categories include Black & White, Marine Life Portrait, Cold/Temperate Water, Blackwater, Underwater Conservation and Nudibranchs. The Underwater Art category encourages creativity in post-processing.
Winners from each category will be able to rank the prizes they would like to receive, making it more likely that each winner will receive a prize they desire.
Judges include world-renowned underwater photographers Tony Wu, Marty Snyderman, Mark Strickland and Scott Gietler.
Photos must be submitted before the deadline of 23:59pm US Pacific Time on November 30, 2022.
More info can be found on the Ocean Art Photo Competition page at uwphotographyguide.com/ocean-art.