The US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has put together a wide range of resources about marine debris.
The “Trash Talk” webinar will answer virtually all your questions about marine debris. The webinar is hosted by Symone Barkley from NOAA’s Marine Debris Program. Once completed, there is a host of resources available to engage and educate people from the comfort of their own homes. Resources available include:
- Ocean Conservancy’s Talking Trash and Taking Action: A range of printable resources helps people understand more about the various types of debris, their impact, and how to prevent them.
- Use a NOAA infographic designed to understand better the link between trash on land and Marine Debris.
- Create a “Beach Box” from readily available materials, using a handy guide from Oregon Sea Grant’s Marine Debris STEAMSS Curriculum.
- Use the “Did You Know” marine debris bookmark series to access critical resources and information on the subject.
- Younger students can take part in a fun game of Marine Debris Bingo.