Oceanographic Magazine has announced the winners of the Ocean Photography Awards 2020, with Nadia Aly taking home the overall winner prize.
Aly’s photo of an aggregation of mobula rays off the coast of Mexico is what got her the top prize.
Aly was among six photographers who won prizes across seven awards, whittled down from more than 3,000 initial competition submissions.
The Ocean Photography Awards, in partnership with SeaLegacy and supported by Princess Yachts, is a celebration of our blue planet and a platform to shine a light on the threats facing the ocean.
In addition to Aly’s overall award, she also took home the Collective Portfolio Award.
Five other underwater shutterbugs were also honored:
1. Matt Sharp – Ocean Conservation Photographer of the Year
2. Ben Cranke – Ocean Exploration Photographer of the Year
3. Jason Gulley – Ocean Adventure Photographer of the Year
4. Cruz Erdmann – Young Ocean Photographer of the Year
5. Tobias Baumgaertner – The Community Choice Award
All the winners’ images can be seen at www.oceanphotographyawards.com.