The Sony Alpha camera series is getting a new housing courtesy of Sea & Sea.
The new MDX-au is depth-rated to 100m/330ft and is made from rugged, corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy. Features of the housing include:
- Sea & Sea MDX ports.
- TTL optical ports and covers.
- Vacuum leak system.
- Port Leck system to prevent accidental unlocking.
- Lens Lock to change lenses without opening the housing.
The MDX-au housing is compatible with the following Alpha series cameras:
- a7 Mark IV.
- a7R Mark IV.
- a7S Mark III.
- a9 Mark II.
Being a universal housing, there are some functional restrictions depending on the model; however, all have the following restrictions:
- Multi selector button cannot be used for Up/down/left/right. Instead, the functionality on the control wheel can be used.
- The focus point cannot be moved using the control wheel. For the up/down/left/right buttons, use the front and rear dials.
You can find out more about the new housing here.