The 2020 inductees to the Women Divers Hall of Fame have been announced.
The new members come from a wide range of fields, including science, the environment, and exploration. The six new inductees to the WDHOF are:
- Cave Explorer and Writer Natalie Gibb from Quintana Roo, Mexico.
- U.S. Naval Operations Scientist, Research Physiologist, and Diving Medical Officer and retired Commander Caron Shake, Ph.D. from Waterford, Connecticut, USA.
- Park Superintendent, Environmentalist and Marine Conservationist Angelique Songco from Puerto Princesa City, Philippines.
- Geoscientist, Journalist and Polar Explorer Susan Eaton from the Northwest Territories, Canada.
- Dive Show Founder, Rescue Diver and Marine Conservationist Hélène de Tayrac-Senik from Nogent-sur-Marne, France.
- Diving Pioneer, Dive Association Organizer, and Swimming and Diving Champion Shirley Lee from Alexandria, Virginia, USA.
The new members will be formally inducted at the Beneath the Seas Awards Banquet in Secaucus, New Jersey, on March 28th, 2020.
You can find out more about the Beneath The Seas show here.