The Women Divers Hall of Fame (WDHOF) has announced that it is now taking applications for its 2022 grant and scholarship program.
While there are some scholarships open to both genders, the majority are open to women only. The list of options available are as follows:
Scholarships open to women and men:
- Applied Marine Conservation Scholarship – Graduate-1 award
- Undergraduate Marine Research Internship-1 award
- Sea to Space Extreme Environment Physiology Grant- 2 awards
Scholarships open to women only:
- Marine Conservation Scholarship – Graduate- 5 awards.
- Marine Conservation Scholarship – Undergraduate- 2 awards.
- Coral and Seagrass Rehabilitation Fellowships- 4 awards.
- Sea Turtle Conservation Grant- 1 award.
- Underwater Archaeology Scholarship – Graduate- 1 award.
- Underwater Archaeology Scholarship – Undergraduate- 1 award.
- Journalism, Graphic Arts, Photography, or Videography Scholarship 1 award.
Grants Open to Men and Women:
- Advanced dive training- 1 award.
- Basic dive training – learn to dive -1 award.
- Disabled diver (beginner or advanced) or instructor to assist disabled to dive- 1 award.
- Diver medical education – Up to 2 awards.
- Diving emergency medical responder grants- Up to 3 awards.
Grants Open to Women only:
- Basic dive training – 9 awards.
- Advanced dive training- 11 awards.
- Hardhat dive training – 1 award.
- Instructor advanced education- 1 award.