The Dive Pirates Foundation this week introduced its 2022 recipients and is welcoming others to experience a cool adaptive-diving trip, themed “Unleash Your Inner Pirate,” to Key Largo, Florida next month.
According to Foundation President Tyler Brandes:
“We are closing the availability of this trip by Friday, May 20, and have a few spots available, so we’d like to invite others in the diving community to join us for a week of sharing diving with people who appreciate the mobility of the water more than you know.
“For those of our recipients who served in the military, this is a way to say thank you for your service and that we appreciate your adventurous spirit. Our civilian recipients and volunteers who come on this trip play a vital role in building that community of people learning to live again after a life-changing event that altered the way they now navigate the world.
“Each recipient is helping fund his or her adventure through their fundraising pages below, and we ask you to learn more about them, and share these pages with your friends and families to help them unleash that inner pirate, celebrating these amazing people who have persevered.”
The 2022 Dive Pirate Recipients are:
- Former TSgt. Melissa Nueva, USAF: https://divepirates.org/donations/melissa-nueva/
- Former Staff Sgt. Scott Dunckel, US Army: https://divepirates.org/donations/scott-dunckel/
- Former Cpl. Jason Kelley, USMC: https://divepirates.org/donations/jason-kelley/
- Retired Sgt. Josh Hamilton: https://divepirates.org/donations/josh-hamilton/
- Retired Captain Dr. Karen Atkinson, US Army: https://divepirates.org/donations/dr-karen-atkinson/
- Sean Conroy: https://divepirates.org/donations/sean-conroy/
- Jennifer Radil Hayes: https://divepirates.org/donations/jennifer-radil/
The trip runs June 19-24, 2022 with four full days of diving. For all the details to register or to consider a trip sponsorship, go to divepirates.org.