Fantasea has announced the introduction of two new housings for the Sony RX100 III / IV / V / VA cameras. The new housings are now available for purchase with shipping scheduled in October 2019.
The new housings are a basic version of the FRX100 VA M16 and an advanced version — the FRX100 VA Vacuum Housing. The key difference between both housings is the fact that the advanced version has the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System pre-installed. The system features a pre-dive vacuum check, and a dive leak detector. The basic housing can be upgraded with the Fantasea Hybrid Vacuum Safety System at a later date via the M16 port.
Key features of both housings include:
- Ergonomically designed and constructed from robust injection molded Polycarbonate.
- Depth rated to 60m/200 feet.
- Complete access to all essential camera controls and functions.
- Double O ring seal, and shock-resistant construction.
- Removable flash diffuser and twin fiber optic cable connections.
- Special mount for lighting accessories.
- A dedicated video control button for easy filming.