Ikelite has announced the introduction of a new housing for the popular Sony Cyber-shot RX100 VI.
The US-made housing is constructed from ABS-PC, and is depth rated to 60m/200ft. It offers a host of features including:
- Access to all the cameras important buttons and functions.
- Clear view of the cameras’ LCD screen.
- Optical glass port that allows the camera to fully use its zoom function.
- The ability to attach wide angle and macro lenses.
- Two fibre optic cable ports that enable the use of external flashes.
- Two 1/4-20 threaded screws for the attachment of trays and arms.
- Optional sealing and vacuum testing port for peace of mind.
The new camera housing is not compatible with older version of the Sony RX 100, only with the Mark VI.
Ikelite is currently taking pre-orders, and they will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. The housing retails for US$495/~433 Euros.
Shipping will start in the next couple of weeks. For more info, check out the Ikelite website.