The Women Divers Hall of Fame will induct six new members this year.
The Class of 2014 includes:
- Barbara Allen: Pioneer, Instructor, Ocean Advocate
- Kristine Barsky: Marine Biologist, Environmentalist, Author, Videographer
- Emma L. Hickerson: Marine Researcher, Science Interpreter, Photographer, Conservationist, Unit Diving Supervisor
- Jayne Jenkins: Photographer, Educational Non-Profit Leader, Conservationist, Safety Diver
- Deidre Sullivan: Marine Geologist, Educator, Submersible Diver
- Tamara Thomsen: Maritime Archaeologist, Shipwreck Conservationist, Instructor
These women will be officially inducted into the WDHOF on March 29 at the Beneath the Sea Awards Banquet in Secaucus, New Jersey.
The non-profit WDHOF was founded in 2000. Its mission is to:
- Recognize women divers who have made outstanding contributions to the exploration, understanding, safety and enjoyment of our underwater world and
- Support the underwater world and its associated careers by promoting opportunities for women and men in diving through scholarships, internships and mentorship opportunities and a worldwide network of industry contacts.
The organization offers 13 scholarships and training grants every year. For more information, click here: www.wdhof.org/scholarships.