The Niagara Divers’ Association has announced its latest one-day annual symposium titled “Shipwrecks.”
The popular event has been held annually in Canada since 1995, and over the last 29 years, more than 14,000 divers and enthusiasts have attended.
This year the event is scheduled for April 1st, 2023, and will take place at Centennial High School, 240 Thorold Road, Welland, Ontario.
Every year, the events feature a wide range of exciting presentations covering a wide range of topics, including marine archaeology, shipwrecks and scuba diving. Headline speakers and presentations this year include:
- Jill Heinerth: Liberator Down.
- Jill Heinerth: Truxtun and Pollux.
- John Ratcliffe: The Archaeology of HMS Erebus.
- Jim and Pat Stayer: Ice Seals The Fate Of The Eber Ward In Ten Minutes.
- David Trotter: Two Brothers, Two Ships, Two Shipwrecks.
- Ken Merryman: The Great Lakes Best Sidewheelers.
- David Gilchrist: Exploring Sherkston Quarry.