In conjunction with last week’s unveiling of the new Apple Watch Ultra and accompanying Oceanic+ app, the folks at Huish Outdoors have also introduced a new waterproof housing for iPhones.
Whether diving, snorkeling, paddling or playing in the water, the Oceanic+ Smart Housing will allow you to take photos on your iPhone underneath or on top of the water. With the Oceanic+ app and Smart Housing, your iPhone also becomes a dive and snorkeling computer.
Features of the new housing include:
* German-grade nylon material
* Electronic Bluetooth user interface
* User interface controlled by Directional Pad Controller
* Works with ultra-wide lens features on iPhones
* Vacuum pump with automatic seal check/integrated leak detector
* Maximum operating depth to 60 meters (196 feet)
* Integrated depth pressure and temperature sensor
* Standard accessory attachment for 1/4” – 20 UNC thread (right)
* Rechargeable lithium battery via included USB-C
* Ergonomic two-material handle for excellent grip
* Includes a thermoformed travel box to protect from scratching
* Advanced photo and video features, including digital color correction filters (depth color-correction)
* Compatible with iPhone X series and above (iOS16)
The new housing is available for pre-order and will be released in the summer of 2023. It will retail for US$489.95 (CAN$639.95/~€484) plus tax/shipping.
To pre-order the housing case, go to oceanicworldwide.com to make a US$10 deposit.
The Oceanic+ app is expected to launch later this fall. It’s subscription-based and will include a free version as well as a paid subscription for more advanced dive computer features.
To be notified when the app is available through the Apple App Store, click here.