The second day of the CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship saw competitors take on the Constant Weight (CWT) discipline in their bid for glory.
Alenka Artnik of Slovenia and Alessia Zecchini of Italy showed their friendly rivalry by going back-to-back with dives to 113m to claim the joint World Record. They then shared a huge hug to congratulate each other post the dive.
It was then the turn of Alexey Molchanov of Russia to make his mark by diving 125m in 3min 50secs to claim the men’s gold medal.
The full results are below:
The strength of the competitors showed as 11 National Records were set during the second day:
- Nataliia Zharkova (Ukraine) – CWT 102m
- Alfredo Roen (Spain) – CWT 101m
- Daniel Arias (Chile) – CWT 93m
- Alejandro Lemus (Mexico) – CWT 93m
- Olga Markina (Russia) – CWT 82m
- Juani Valdivia (Peru) – CWT 52m
- Javeria Pinto (Chile) – CWT 54m
- Anqi Lim (Singapore) – CWT 60m
- John Munoz (Colombia) – CWT 65m
- Cristian Castano Villa (Colombia) – CWT 65m
- Helena Bourdillon (United Kingdom) – CWT 65m
- Florian Burghardt (Switzerland) – CWT 71m
The camera drone Diveye was on hand to film all the proceedings. You can watch both sessions of the day below:
The competition continues. Stay tuned for further updates.
Photos courtesy of Alex St-Jean & Laura Babahekian