Russian powerhouse Alexey Molchanov has set a new CMAS World Record on the first day of competition at the 2019 CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship in Roatan, Honduras. He dove 85m Constant Weight No-Fins (CNF) in 3min 38secs.
There were a number of blackouts including World Record attempts by William Winram of Switerzland and William Trubridge of New Zealand. In the second session of the day, several competitors did not start.
The first day of competition also saw numerous National Records falling:
- Anqi Lim (Singapore) – CNF 45m
- Cristian Castaño Villa (Colombia) – CNF 40m
- Jessea Lu (China) – CNF 60m
- Lance Lee Davis (USA) – CNF 72m
- Abdelatif Alouach (France) – CNF 82m
- Helena Bourdillon (UK) – CNF 45m
- Tatiana Zemskikh (Russia) – CNF 50m
- Alfredo Roen (Spain) – CNF 63m
The camera drone Diveye was on hand to film all the proceedings. You can watch both sessions of the day below:
The competition continues. Stay tuned for further updates.
Photos courtesy of Alex St-Jean & Laura Babahekian