Mares have announced a new addition to their dive computer line up with the arrival of a new model called Puck Pro+.
The new computer is the next generation of the Puck Pro, and maintains the one-button ease of functionality from the original, as well as adding some colour by introducing a coloured ring around the bezel. The Puck Pro+ maintains the simple 3-line readout from its predecessor while adding improvements under the hood. The improved features available with the Puck Pro+ include:
- 35 hours of logbook storage
- 5-second sampling interval
- Gas switching during the dive
- 2 programmable gases, including air and Nitrox mixes up to 99%
- Easy single button operation
- BLUELINK connectivity to download dive data directly to your smartphone via Bluetooth
- User-replaceable battery
- Upgradable firmware so users can have the latest software from Mares
Besides all the new features, the Puck Pro+ still has the capacity to operate in bottom-timer mode as well as dive computer; the computer will display depth down to 150m/492ft. In terms of decompression, the Puck Pro+ uses the 10 tissue RGBM Mares-Wienke algorithm to handle decompression calculations.
With safety in mind, the Puck Pro+ has all the usual dive alarms including:
- Ascent rate alarm
- Missed decompression stop
- Low battery during a dive
- High PPO2
- High CNS (over 100%)
The Puck Pro+ keeps its stylish design with a new dash of colour on a watch-style dive computer, so even when not diving, your Puck Pro+ will not look out of place.
Visit the Mares site to check out the new Puck Pro+.
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.