It has officially started: today was the first day of the One Breath Jamboree Competition! The first ever Freediving Depth Competition in Indonesia. The first day was a huge success, with lots and lots of white cards, and several National Records!
Huge stand-up ovation to our new National Record holders:
- Miguel Lozano, Spain, 71m Constant Weight No Fins (CNF)
- Cheung Lap Hing, Hong Kong, 48m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Zhengping Lu, Singapore, 38m Free Immersion (FIM)
- Kim Seng Teoh, Malaysia, 36m Constant Weight No Fins (CNF)
- Meidy Heryoga, Indonesia, 35m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Yau Chong Oliver Ng, Hong Kong, 35m Free Immersion (FIM)
- Nora Lestari, Indonesia, 30m Free Immersion (FIM)
We also had perfect water conditions, sea was flat as a mirror, great visibility and no current, and our amazing Organizers did a great job: everything ran super smoothly from start to finish. Big Thanks to all of you who organised the check-in, the boats, the coaching, the safety, the judging, the countdowns, the warm-up lines, and the platform: you are all awesome!
The Day One Results
Now for the official results of the first day, as announced by our official AIDA judges Richard Wonka, Sarah Witcher and Jean-Pol Francois…
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.