After a strong kick off on Monday, OriginECN Vertical Blue will continue today with 26 athletes taking to the waters of Deans Blue Hole on Long Island in the Bahamas to compete for glory. Athletes seem to be more conservative today and only 3 National Records are in play.
Yesterday saw 5 successful National Record attempts out of 7:
- Adam Stern (Australia) with 94m Free Immersion (FIM)
- Alex Davis (Barbados) with 81m Free Immersion (FIM)
- Homar Leuci (Italy) with 116m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Alenka Artnik (Slovenia) with 104m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Andriy Khvetkevych (Ukraine) with 66m Constant Weight No Fins (CNF)
The World Record attempt by Jessea Lu (China) in Free Immersion (FIM) was not successful after she got tangled on the bottom plate which cost her precious seconds and the attempt ended with a Disqualification for Blackout (DQBO).
RELATED: Freediving Disciplines Explained
You can see the full results below (click to enlarge):
Stay tuned to DeeperBlue.com as we bring you coverage from the event.
Feature photo by Daan Verhoeven