The next generation of the SWIFT pressure transmitter has been announced by Shearwater Research.
The new design features a host of advancements, including:
- Lightweight and rugged weighing in at 135g.
- Depth rated to 200msw/656ft.
- Pressure rated to 300 bar.
- A 3v CR2 lithium battery that is user-replaceable and provides up to 300 hours of run time.
- A no-tool design for ease of attachment and detachment from first stages.
- Oxygen compatible.
- Backward compatible with all Shearwater AI-enabled computers.
Another new feature of the device is that it listens out for other transmitters and only communicates when it detects that the channel is clear. This avoids cross-communication happening when multiple computers are on the same dive.
The SWIFT retails for CAD$480/US$395/~£284/~€332, plus taxes.
You can check out a video of the SWIFT transmitter below.