GUE has announced its NextGen Scholarship to train the next generation of divers and explorers.
In the first year, the scholarship will train one diver, although GUE plans to increase the number of divers in the future. Benefits of the scholarship include:
- Complimentary GUE training for one year.
- $2,000/~£1,578/~€1,766 travel budget.
- Dive equipment from Halcyon worth $3,000/~£2,367/~€2,650.
- Platinum GUE membership for two years.
- Complimentary registration for a GUE conference, including socials and field trips.
- A senior GUE Instructor to act as mentor.
- DAN membership and insurance.
- NextGen Apparel to wear during training and GUE events.
- A GoPro camera to document your scholarship year.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Aged between 21 and 30.
- A minimum of Advanced Open Water or equivalent.
- A Minimum of 20 dives.
- Medically fit for diving.
- Fluent English speaker.
To apply for the GUE NextGen Scholarship, candidates must submit the following:
- A 1,000-word essay.
- A short 2 -minute video about their diving background and goals.
- A character recommendation from a member of the diving community in good standing.
The deadline for applications is August 1st, 2019, and the scholarship winner will be notified by September 1st, 2019.
You can apply for the GUE Scholarship here.