Mateusz Malina from Poland broke the current Pure Apnea DYN Bi-fins world record of 226m by swimming a distance of 229m at the Free Dive World mini comp, held in Czech Republic. He also holds the world records for Dynamic (DYN) at 300m and Dynamic No Fins (DNF) at 244m from rival agency AIDA International.
Pure Apnea held competitions in Brno and Cape Town on November 27th, to represent the Northern and Southern hemispheres.
Here are the highlights and full results from the mini comp in the Northern Hemisphere, hosted by Free Dive World:
- Martin Valenta (CZE) set a national STA record with 09:05
- Natalia Ovodova (RUS) set a Pure Apnea world record with 166m in DYN Bi-fins
- Ivanska Barbora (CZE) set a national record in DNF with 137m
Highlights of the Pure Apnea WC Southern Hemisphere pool comp, hosted by Cape Town Freediving, include:
- Annelize Muller setting a South African bi-fins record of 133m
- Stephan Kirsten setting national records for Namibia in DNF and DYN Bi-fins
- Steve Trollope doing a STA of 6:27 min
Congrats to all the athletes!