The 2022 list of AmbassaDivers has been announced by PADI.
As with every year, the list features divers who are dedicated to protecting and exploring our oceans.
This year’s list of AmbassaDivers includes:
- Taghrid Alhowish is a Saudi Arabian TV star who shares her adventures hoping to inspire others.
- Brandee Anthony is a mermaid from Florida who shares her passion for the ocean.
- Alexa Fernando is a storyteller aiming to inspire women of color to venture under the water.
- Chris Foisy is a Canadian scuba instructor dedicated to exploring Canadas’ wrecks.
- Kanamori Hou and Kanamori Hiromu, twin Japanese YouTubers whose vlog on becoming divemasters, has gained over 4.3 billion views.
- Kirana Larasati is a dedicated PADI instructor and Actress in Indonesia.
- Rachel Moore is a US divemaster who has logged over 2,000 dives in some of the world’s most remote locations.
- Zandile Ndhlovu is a storyteller from South Africa and The Black Mermaid Foundation.
- Pier Nirandara is an accomplished underwater photographer, Hollywood film producer, and best-selling author.
- Julia Aveline Rabenjoro is a Malaysia-based PADI Junior Rescue Diver and a PADI Basic Freediver and founder of the Seed of Hope Facebook page.
- Miho Sakai, a Japanese news broadcaster and “spokesperson” for the ocean, who aims to protect the planet and oceans.
- Madeline St Clair is a UK-based award-winning cinematographer and marine biologist.
- Alannah Vellacott is a marine biologist who has dedicated the last 10 years to working as a Coral Restoration Specialist at Coral Vita.
Commenting on the new group, Kristin Valette Wirth, Chief Brand and Membership Officer for PADI Worldwide, said:
“In each of their own unique ways, our new AmbassaDivers stand out and lead by example, inspiring others to step up, pursue their passion and protect our blue planet. We are thrilled to have them join us as motivating forces both in their communities and across the globe, joining together to seek adventure and save the ocean. This year’s esteemed group highlights the diversity and commitment that it will take to safeguard the world’s largest and most important ecosystem. From PADI Mermaids giving a voice to the ocean to teens committed to invoking real change in their communities, they are all true advocates for our blue planet and are helping us create one billion PADI Torchbearers.”
You can find out more information about the 2022 AmbassaDivers here.