PADI has announced it is launching a digital component to its Discover Scuba Diving program.
The introduction will allow resorts instructors to provide DSD participants a modern online experience and multiple learning tools, including:
- Direct enrolment with PADI members.
- Participants can enter their own information and data, simplifying the process for dive operators.
- Pre-completion of forms, including liability releases and Medical Statements.
- Easy management of records for the instructor from a dedicated tool on the Pro’s site.
- Ease of bulk processing for the PADI member.
Commenting on the new digital package PADI Worldwide’s Chief Brand and Membership Officer Kristin Valette Wirth said:
“The objective was simple – introduce people to diving in a globally consistent, streamlined, and educationally-valid manner, enhancing the customer experience and putting the emphasis on the in-water activity for student divers… By introducing a digital PADI Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) program, which customers can complete in advance, the focus shifts to where it should be: allowing our members to share their passion for underwater adventure and our blue planet with potential divers. Afterall, learning to dive truly happens in the water.”
“Our new digital Discover Scuba Diving program is more convenient for PADI dive professionals and their customers. It also enables PADI Members to give participants a meaningful reminder of their life-changing accomplishment: a PADI DSD eCard following the actual diving experience.”
You can find out more information here.