The app is available free for both Apple and Android devices.
Scubaverse says that with it, divers can:
- find detailed information about dive centres and resorts from around the globe
- rate, review and recommend the dive centres and resorts you have dived with
- use the search function to look for dive centres and resorts by typing in key words (e.g. ‘technical diving’, ‘underwater photography’, ‘Divemaster’) or by using pre-determined search criteria
- call a dive centre or resort by touching their phone number or Skype ID
- email a dive centre or resort by touching their email address
- view a dive centre or resort’s website by touching their web address
- visit dive centres and resorts’ social media pages by touching the links on the screen
- book your next diving holiday directly or through a tour operator.
Divers can also create their own profiles within the app, with details such as the diver’s name, a short bio, certification level, how many dives have been done, the type of diving they prefer, favorite diving locations, a dive bucket list, and more:
“You can even ‘Buddy’ up with other users of the app, message each other and discuss dive centres and resorts directly (or maybe even arrange to go on a dive together!). Any reviews you leave on a dive centre or resort’s listing will also appear in your profile.“
New dive centres and resorts from around the world will be joining the app every month, so once you download it make sure to keep coming back to see if anywhere you’ve been diving has been added.
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.