Performance Freediving International has released the new dates for its ninth annual freediving competition, Deja Blue. Held in the idyllic blue waters of the Cayman Islands, PFI offers a fantastic event for everyone from world champion competitors to the newest of freedivers. Check out detailed information as well as a schedule below; participants who register before Dec. 31, 2011 receive significant savings.
Deja Blue III- What, When and Where
- April 20-26 Training Week 1 Register Now
- April 27-May 3 Training Week 2 Register Now
- May 4-10 Official Deja Blue Competition! Register Now
- Where: Grand Cayman, BWI
- Cost: $850/week
Disciplines at this year’s event include the following:
- Constant Weight – Diving down and back up under one’s own power wearing a fin
- Free Immersion – Using the line, one pulls themselves down to depth and back up
- Constant No-Fins – Without the use of fins or the line, one swims down to depth and back again
- Static Apnea- In the pool the diver flats face down holding their breath as long as possible
- Dynamic Apnea- In the pool with a fin on one sees how many lengths they can swim underwater on a single breath
- Dynamic Apnea without Fins – One a single breath and without the use of fins, one sees how many lengths of a pool they can swim.
During the seven day competition competitors will be able to make attempts during 5 ocean days and 5 pool days. They earn points as follows and the winner will be the diver with the overall highest point score in all disciplines.
Get More Articles Like This!
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter and get more interesting stuff like this direct to your email inbox every Friday.