Performance Freediving International has released the new dates for its ninth annual freediving competition, Deja Blue. Held in the idyllic blue waters of the Cayman Islands, PFI offers a fantastic event for everyone from world champion competitors to the newest of freedivers. Check out detailed information as well as a schedule below; participants who register before Dec. 31, 2011 receive significant savings.
Deja Blue III- What, When and Where
- April 20-26 Training Week 1 Register Now
- April 27-May 3 Training Week 2 Register Now
- May 4-10 Official Deja Blue Competition! Register Now
- Where: Grand Cayman, BWI
- Cost: $850/week
Disciplines at this year’s event include the following:
- Constant Weight – Diving down and back up under one’s own power wearing a fin
- Free Immersion – Using the line, one pulls themselves down to depth and back up
- Constant No-Fins – Without the use of fins or the line, one swims down to depth and back again
- Static Apnea- In the pool the diver flats face down holding their breath as long as possible
- Dynamic Apnea- In the pool with a fin on one sees how many lengths they can swim underwater on a single breath
- Dynamic Apnea without Fins – One a single breath and without the use of fins, one sees how many lengths of a pool they can swim.
During the seven day competition competitors will be able to make attempts during 5 ocean days and 5 pool days. They earn points as follows and the winner will be the diver with the overall highest point score in all disciplines.