PADI and the PADI AWARE Foundation have announced the dates for the fourth annual AWARE Week.
This year the event will take place across the world between September 18-26, 2021. During the event, PADI members, dive operators, and resorts are hosting planned activities across the globe.
PADI encourages its members to participate in the event using a fins off and fins on approach, which includes the following five steps:
- Recruit people to the PADI Torchbearer community to help create a global conservation community.
- Use every dive as a survey dive to collect critical data about the health of the underwater world.
- Provide conservation specialty training. Members are encouraged to increase awareness of the community by encouraging conservation specialty training.
- Be a 100% AWARE dive center, which provides crucial funding to the foundation enabling it to focus on its conservation mission.
- Raise funds for the ocean; members are encouraged to raise funds for the AWARE Foundation, again to help it pursue its goals and mission.
Commenting about the event, PADI Worldwide Chief Brand and Membership Officer Kristin Valette Wirth said:
“This global effort advances PADI’s conservation blueprint, charting a decade of ocean action to achieve a better balance between humanity and ocean. We encourage all PADI Professionals to take part in AWARE Week 2021 by connecting with eco-conscious divers and promoting ocean health though their own local conservation events, courses or fundraising initiatives.”
You can find out more information about Aware week here.