The PADI AWARE Foundation has announced a series of community grants aimed at supporting its mission.
The Mission Hub Community Grant Program aims to collaborate and work with local communities to support the United Nations Decade of Science for Sustainable Development. The 2021/2022 grant cycle will focus on:
- Reducing coral decline through coral restoration.
- Campaigning to protect vulnerable marine species.
- Establishing marine protected areas through adopting a dive site initiative.
- Mitigating carbon emissions through blue carbon initiatives.
- Improving waste management utilizing marine debris citizen science.
Commenting on the grants, Danna Moore, the Global Director of the PADI AWARE Foundation, stated:
“The Mission Hub Community Grant Program tangibly exemplifies our commitment to the Foundation’s new mission to drive local action for global ocean conservation. We simply cannot reach our collective conservation goals without working collaboratively with local communities.”
You can find out more information here.