The third and penultimate competition day of the CMAS 4th Freediving Outdoor World Championship saw 38 competitors take on the Constant Weight Bi-Fins (CWTB) discipline.
First to attempt a world record dive was Ukrainian Nataliia Zharkova who completes a clean 93m dive in 3min 20secs in her favorite discipline.
Zharkova spoke to DeeperBlue.com after the dive:
“I could not wait for the countdown to finish, just wanted to start the dive. CWT BF is my favorite discipline so far and I am very happy about the result.”
It was then the turn of Alexey Molchanov of Russia to breath-up and slip under the waves to dive 110m in 4min 10secs and reset the men’s world record that he held at 108m, previous set two years ago.
The full results are below:
An incredible 23 National Records were set during the course of the day:
- Javeria Pinto (Chile) – CWTB 55m
- Enchante Gallardo (USA) – CWTB 80m
- Chiara Obino (Italy) – CWTB 85m
- Andriy Khvetkevych (USA) – CWTB 97m
- Vincenzo Ferri (Italy) – CWTB 98m
- Abdelatif Alouach (France) – CWTB 103m
- Pepe Salcedo (Mexico) – CWBT 89m
- Isabel Sanchez Aran (Spain) – CWTB 71m
- Olga Markina (Russa) – CWTB 70m
- Helena Bourdillon (UK) – CWTB 65m
- Anqi Lim (Singapore) – CWTB 65m
- Juani Valdivia (Peru) – CWTB 52m
- Wenkai Chou (Chinese Taipei) – CWTB 10m
- Marco Guirola (El Salvador) – CWTB 25m
- Octavian Alexandru Beldiman (Romania) – CWTB 30m
- Shivani Gobherdan (Trinidad & Tobago) – CWTB 38m
- Kathleen Greubel (Germany) – CWTB 40m
- Hector Manrique (Argentina) – CWTB 47m
- Yasumasa Muraoka (Japan) – CWTB 60m
- Luis Farina Rodriguez (Spain) – CWTB 65m
- Cristian Castano Villa (Colombia) – CWTB 70m
- Daniel Arias (Chile) – CWTB 75m
- Pavel Soukup (Czech) – CWTB 76m
The camera drone Diveye was on hand to film all the proceedings. You can watch both sessions of the day below:
The competition finishes today. Stay tuned tomorrow for the final update.
Photos courtesy of Evgeny Sychev, Aron Arngrímsson, Alex St-Jean & Laura Babahekian