The Pre-Competition in Cyprus continues in the lead up to the 2015 AIDA Individual Depth Championships (#aidaworldchampionship) and athletes continue to shine with no less than 6 new National Record set… and this isn’t even the World Championships yet!
A dust storm that rolls into Cyprus from the Middle East every 3-4 years decided today was the day to make an appearance giving an eerie yellow glow to everything topside. Despite everything above water looking like it was part of a ghost ship, conditions below water looked spectacular.
Results from today can be seen at the bottom of this post and include the following immense performances and new National Records:
- Guillaume Nery (France) set a Constant Weight (CWT) record of 126m
- Samo Jeranko (Slovenia) set a Constant Weight (CWT) record of 108m
- Morgan Bouchis (France) set a Constant Weight No Fins (CNF) record of 90m
- Kate Middleton (New Zealand) set a Constant Weight (CWT) record of 70m
- Aolin Wang (China) set a Free Immersion (FIM) record of 67m
- Walter Chivescu (Romania) set a Free Immersion (FIM) record of 58m
Keep your eyes peeled to DeeperBlue.com for more information in the run up to the World Championships.
All Photos Above Courtesy Of and © Daan Verhoeven