The first annual 321FREEDIVE Conference in Cocoa Beach, Florida is scheduled to take place January 18th-22nd, 2023 at the Hilton Garden Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront.
Space Coast Freedivers Founder Jennifer Morgan created the conference. Its mission is to bring “Freediving Excellence in Education” to the mainstream by providing events, scholarships and support to those that may not otherwise have the accessiblity.
Morgan is known throughout much of the freediving community as a mom, and this upcoming event “reflects her love of education and the importance of promoting safety,” according to the press release announcing the conference.
Attendees will be guided by 20+ experts from within the freediving and dive science communities (including DeeperBlue.com Founder Stephan Whelan!) through seminars with Q&A sessions, practical applications, equipment introduction and testing.
* William Trubridge on decompression sickness and in-water recompression
* Walid Boudhiaf, Enchante Gallardo and Fatima Korok on competitive freediving
* Francesca Koe on “Competition Protocols, Conservation of the Kelp Forest”
* Robert King on the history of competitive freediving/ accident case studies
* Stephan Whelan on “Digital Media and Marketing”
* Dr. Marc Babi on “Freediving Neurology”
* Dr. Bezo Silva on “Pulmonary Barotrauma in Freediving: Current and Future Research”
* Dr. Joe Dituri on the “100 Day Challenge” & hyperbaric medicine
* Ted Harty on “Building a Culture of Freediving Safety”
* Dr. Antonio Paris on “Diving for Science”
* Jerry Guerra (Neptonics) on “Blue Water Spearfishing”
* Liam Abel on “The Future of Freediving Design”
* Woody Alpern on “Technical Dive Planning: Why It Matters”
* Dale Bartush on “Professional Dive Line Set Up/Workshop Safety”
* Scott Flory on “Competition Rescues/Workshop Head of Safety”
* Tanner Pederson on “Countdown to Official Top”
* Allie Reilly on “Mastering Breath Flow/Workshop Safety”
* Lance Lee Davis on “Freediving Surf Survival”
* Sean Coakley on “Claibre Biometrics”
Additionally, there will be a 2-day VIP Elite Dynamic Workshop led by World, Continental and National Record Holders where participants will advance their knowledge and skills in Static Apnea, Dynamic Bi-Fin, Dynamic No-Fin and Dynamic Monofin training. (Note: Space will be limited)
As part of 321FREEDIVE’s commitment to conservation and community outreach, the conference will provide charitable contributions to Captains For Clean Water, MANG, 40cean and The Scott Center for Autism.
For more info and to register for the conference, go to 321freedive.com.