It’s been an exciting day in Deans Blue Hole in the Bahamas as Act 1 of the OriginECN Vertical Blue drew to a close in spectacular style!
Russian World Champion Freediver Alexey Molchanov kept the whole world pinned to their computers and mobile devices watching the live Diveye feed showing him effortlessly diving to 130m with a monofin to set a new Constant Weight (CWT) World Record.
RELATED: Freediving Disciplines Explained
Earlier in the day, the other scheduled world record attempt by Alessia Zecchini was called off moments before she was due to dive as she didn’t feel quite right after a disturbed nights sleep.
Wednesday also saw 5 new National Records:
- Martin Zajac (Slovakia) with 99m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Alex Davis (Barbados) with 91m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Gus Kreivenas (Lithuania) with 89m Free Immersion (FIM)
- Daniel Koval (USA) with 102m Constant Weight (CWT)
- Dean Chaouche (Great Britain) with 82m Constant Weight (CNF)
This now brings the total number of records after three days to a massive 12 National Records and 1 World Record.
You can see the full results below (click to enlarge):
The competition is split into 3 x 3 day Acts so Thursday sees a well-deserved rest day for competitors, organizers and safety teams.
Stay tuned to DeeperBlue.com as we bring you coverage from the event.
Feature photo by Alex St-Jean