Fantasea recently announced its new Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A, an optional pre-dive vacuum test and leak detector safety system for underwater camera housings, is now available and accepting orders.
The Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A helps to confirm the watertight seal of a camera housing prior to the dive using the vacuum system and monitoring the housing seal during the dive using a moisture detector.
The Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A requires self installation, and can be installed and used inside the following housings: Fantasea housings equipped with an M16 port, or other brands’ housings equipped with an M16 port, as long as certain requirements are met.
Features and specifications include:
• Depth rated to 100 meters / 330 feet
• Vacuum valve material: black anodized aluminum alloy
• Moisture sensor material: flexible printed circuit board
• Battery: 3.7V 110mAh Lithium rechargeable battery
• Charging port: 5V micro-USB
• Charging duration: approx. 45 minutes
• Battery life: approx. 4 days
• Alarm: audio + visual (LED)
• Vacuum analysis duration: 4 minutes
• Weight (including all system components): 30.2 g / 1.06 oz
• Included in package: vacuum valve, vacuum pump, wrench, double-sided stickers, main PC board, signal board, moisture sensor, Cabled LED indicator, 2 x connection cables
The Hybrid Vacuum Safety System M16A retails for US$209.95 (~191.50 Euros), and for more info go to the Fantasea website or check out the tutorial video below.