The Women Divers Hall of Fame (WDHOF) has announced it is now accepting applications for its 2021 roster of scholarships and training grants.
The grants and scholarships cover a diverse area of research, and while some are only open to women, many are open to men as well. Scholarships on offer to women for 2021 include:
- Marine Conservation Scholarship for graduate level-3 awards.
- Marine Conservation Scholarship for undergraduate level-3 awards.
- Coral and Seagrass Rehabilitation Fellowship-4 awards.
- Sea Turtle Conservation Grant-1 award.
- Underwater Archaeology – Graduate & Undergraduate levels- 1 award each.
- Sea to Space Extreme Environment Physiology Grant- 2 awards.
- Undergraduate Marine Research Internship-1 award.
The list of grants is also extensive and includes:
- Basic and advanced dive training grants- 7 and 6 awards, respectively.
- Hardhat dive training- 1 award.
- Diver medical education- 2 awards.
- Instructor advanced education- 1 award.
Application criteria will vary for each grant/scholarship.